ProMediaGear BBX Boomerang Flash Bracket (BBX-PBX3BD)
The BBX Boomerang Flash Bracket is designed for Cameras WITHOUT Grip.
The ProMediaGear Boomerang Flash Bracket is designed to give you the ultimate flexibility and ease of use. Made out of Titanium and Aluminum alloys it's probably the most advanced bracket on the market. The modular design allows adding components and configurations to match photographers shooting styles and needs.
If you need a flash bracket for Cameras WITH grip (like the Canon 5D or Nikon D810) then we can supply the BBGv2 model.
With the Profoto B2 the base can be unscrewed and attached directly to the Boomerang, but for more control and movement we recommend combining it with the Manfrotto Micro Ball Head (492) (not included but can be purchased seperately).
- Buy or other a product from our Promo Selection to get free shipping.
BBX is the Flash Bracket designed for all camera types WITHOUT grip. The difference between BBX and BBGv2 is in the bottom mounting structure, where BBGv2 lets you use vertical grip buttons easily while BBX might cover them up. BBX offers flexibility if you need to change your camera geometry (add a grip or remove it) We currently offer custom Arca-Swiss type Plates for Canon, Nikon, and Sony. The Flash Bracket can be used with other cameras when you select a Universal Plate. All the plates are Arca-Swiss compatible.
The ProMediaGear Boomerang flash bracket is designed to give you the ultimate flexibility and ease of use. It is a perfect choice for demanding photographers, wedding photographers especially. It's basic function is to eliminate subject shadows in portrait or bounce flash photography. Our unique rotating system locks the flash at 90 degree position so that flash remains upright above the lens and enables you to photograph with the flash above the subject in landscape or portrait positions with effortless ease, precision, and style. The bracket is compact and lightweight that you can hold your camera comfortably in the right hand as if no bracket was attached and operate the bracket with your left hand if you want to change flash positions. The height of the flash bracket arm can be adjusted to accommodate cameras with or without grip/battery packs. With high precision manufacturing process and use of rotation bearings this bracket is virtually maintenance free. The Boomerang flash bracket mounts to the camera body using a ProMediaGear Arca-Swiss type & anti-twist custom or universal plate.
This model will work with all camera type bodies.
- Essential accessory for wedding photographers, where there is little time to control the environment.
- Perfect for bounce flash photography as flash remains upright in portrait shooting.
- Rotates flash 90 degrees around lens for portrait and landscape photography eliminating subject shadows.
- The stand extends below the lens and helps to keep camera stable. Like a switch blade you can open or close it at anytime.
- It folds quickly and easily for the convenient storage and transportation.
- It is height adjustable to accommodate cameras with or without grip/battery packs.
- Rotation system uses precision bearings to provide smooth movement.
- Aircraft Quality Aluminum T6061 – very light and strong.
- Lightweight (under 14 oz. depending on configuration).
- Made in U.S.A and CNC precision machined construction.
- 1 x BBX Boomerang Flash Bracket
- 1 x Universal Plate
- 1 x Allen Wrench
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty
If you plan on shooting with softboxes then Profoto B2 customers can extend their Boomerang with the purchase of the ProMediaGear Profoto B2 Adapter (5") (BLSA5A).