Site Security, Privacy & Cookie Information
We respect your privacy. This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way your information is collected online and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our home page and at the bottom of every web page on this site.
We collect and use personal information to understand your needs and interests and to serve you better. In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information during your visit to our website through our Automatic Data Collection Tools, which include Web beacons, cookies, embedded Web links, and other commonly used information-gathering tools.
The information we collect to understand your needs and interests helps us deliver a consistent and personalised experience. Cookies are used on this shopping site;
- To keep track of the contents of your shopping cart once you have selected an item.
- To keep track of products you have viewed to enable us to tailor advertising based on your browsing behaviour. In doing so we do not capture any personalised information that would enable us to identify the user; we only capture anonymised data. If you wish to opt out of this service please click here.
AJ’s Studio & Camera Supplies is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
AJ’s Studio & Camera Supplies may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31st August 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and address
- Contact information (including email address)
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
If you sign up to our newsletter, we may use your email address to send you information about our products and services. At any stage you can ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving any marketing communications from us by unsubscribing here.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to AJ’s, Unit 6A, Old Mill Business Park, Bruton, BA10 0EH, UK.
Your privacy is important to us, and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. We would like our international Customers and Customers shipping products internationally to be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. Also, we may provide certain order, shipment, and product information, such as description, to our international carriers, and this information may be communicated by the carriers to customs authorities to facilitate customs clearance and comply with local laws.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.