This professional tripod features Carbon eXact tubing with stiffer and larger leg diameters (top leg section diameter 25.3mm) and high modulus carbon fiber lower leg sections, which make this tripod more rigid and stronger than others in its category.
The Gitzo GT1542 safely holds a payload of 10 kg, weighs just 1.28 kg, reaches a height of 159 cm and folds down to 54 cm. This tripod is the perfect choice for passionate and professional photographers who want a highly-resistant and reliable support.
The tripod’s rapid center column is easily be removed, transforming it into a ground level set enabling photographers to capture the broadest range of perspectives. It also has a reversible column mechanism. The Gitzo GT1542 four-section legs are secured by G-lock Ultra twist locks, with a built-in O-ring that keeps dirt and dust out of the leg mechanism. The tripod’s top spider is newly designed for extra rigidity, and large leg angle selectors provide e broader grip-area for leg-angle adjustment. The tripod features a stabilizer hook on its center column to add weight and increase stability when required by terrain or equipment weight. A wide array of heads and other accessories can easily be added via the 1/4″ and 3/8″ attachment on the top spider.
- Reversible column: The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work.
- Hook: This built-in accessory allows you to hang a stabilizing weight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) from the bottom of the tripod centre column. Useful with long/heavy lenses, on uneven ground or in windy conditions.
- Carbon eXact: Revolutionary Carbon eXact tubes are even stiffer to maximize rigidity and image stability. Carbon eXact optimizes the fibre composition for each tube size, using HM (High Modulus) carbon fibre in the narrower tubes to make them stiffer. The tube diameters are also optimized: the final leg section of a 4 section Series 1 tripod is now 22.5% thicker than its predecessor.
- G-lock Ultra: Gitzo's G-lock system has been redesigned from the inside out; G-lock Ultra is smoother and softer to use, and is designed to reduce dust and grit from getting in.
- Ground level set (with unlocking ring): Completely redesigned for faster operation, this Ground Level Set mechanism permits to remove the centre column to get the camera closer to the ground. A single simple unlocking ring under the column's upper disc frees the column while keeping the upper disc solidly in place on the tripod (Patent Pending).
- Leg angle selector with spring: Offers large grip space and features a built-in spring to help speed up switches between the 3 leg angles.
Carrying Bag NOT included.
|Attachment:||1/4″ screw, 3/8″ screw attachment type|
|Safety payload weight:||10 kg|
|Length:||(closed) 54 cm|
|Max. extension:||159 cm (135 cm with center column down)|
|Min. extension:||15 cm|