Gitzo Mountaineer Series 1 Carbon Fibre Tripod, 4-section (GT1542)
The Gitzo GT1542 series 1 Carbon Fiber Tripod is a lightweight 4-section tripod that perfectly supports DSLRs with 135mm lenses (up to 200mm).
REPLACES PART #GT1541
This professional tripod features Carbon eXact tubing with stiffer and larger leg diameters (top leg section diameter 25.3mm) and high modulus carbon fiber lower leg sections, which make this tripod more rigid and stronger than others in its category.
The Gitzo GT1542 safely holds a payload of 10 kg, weighs just 1.28 kg, reaches a height of 159 cm and folds down to 54 cm. This tripod is the perfect choice for passionate and professional photographers who want a highly-resistant and reliable support.
The tripod’s rapid center column is easily be removed, transforming it into a ground level set enabling photographers to capture the broadest range of perspectives. It also has a reversible column mechanism. The Gitzo GT1542 four-section legs are secured by G-lock Ultra twist locks, with a built-in O-ring that keeps dirt and dust out of the leg mechanism. The tripod’s top spider is newly designed for extra rigidity, and large leg angle selectors provide e broader grip-area for leg-angle adjustment. The tripod features a stabilizer hook on its center column to add weight and increase stability when required by terrain or equipment weight. A wide array of heads and other accessories can easily be added via the 1/4″ and 3/8″ attachment on the top spider.
- Reversible column: The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work.
- Hook: This built-in accessory allows you to hang a stabilizing weight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) from the bottom of the tripod centre column. Useful with long/heavy lenses, on uneven ground or in windy conditions.
- Carbon eXact: Revolutionary Carbon eXact tubes are even stiffer to maximize rigidity and image stability. Carbon eXact optimizes the fibre composition for each tube size, using HM (High Modulus) carbon fibre in the narrower tubes to make them stiffer. The tube diameters are also optimized: the final leg section of a 4 section Series 1 tripod is now 22.5% thicker than its predecessor.
- G-lock Ultra: Gitzo's G-lock system has been redesigned from the inside out; G-lock Ultra is smoother and softer to use, and is designed to reduce dust and grit from getting in.
- Ground level set (with unlocking ring): Completely redesigned for faster operation, this Ground Level Set mechanism permits to remove the centre column to get the camera closer to the ground. A single simple unlocking ring under the column's upper disc frees the column while keeping the upper disc solidly in place on the tripod (Patent Pending).
- Leg angle selector with spring: Offers large grip space and features a built-in spring to help speed up switches between the 3 leg angles.
Carrying Bag NOT included.
|Attachment:||1/4″ screw, 3/8″ screw attachment type|
|Safety payload weight:||10 kg|
|Length:||(closed) 54 cm|
|Max. extension:||159 cm (135 cm with center column down)|
|Min. extension:||15 cm|
Christmas Opening and Postage 2020
2020 has been a very tough year for many of our customers and others within our trade, but happily some sectors and clients still have continued to do strong business despite the challenging year and unprecedented times we have all experienced. So we'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you for all your help and support throughout 2020! We can definitly say that that if it wasn't for the support of our wonderful customer base we would not be here.
From everyone here at AJ's, we wish you a great Christmas and we hope to see you all in the New Year. We wish you all a happy and successful 2021 and trust that the situation improves for us all.
All the best,
Andrew, Hannah, Helen and Alex
Christmas and New Year Holiday Hours
Monday 21st December 2020 - Open
Tuesday 22nd December 2020 - Open
Wednesday 23rd December 2020 - Open
Thursday 24th December 2020 - Closed
Friday 25th December 2020 - Closed
Saturday 26th December 2020 - Closed
Sunday 27th December 202- - Closed
Monday 28th December 2020 - Closed
Tuesday 29th December 2020 - Closed
Wednesday 30th December 2020 - Closed
Thursday 31st December 2020 - Closed
Friday 1st January 2021 - Closed
Saturday 2nd January 2021 - Closed
Sunday 3rd January 2021 - Closed
Monday 4th January 2021 - Normal opening hours resume
Because of the volume of parcels being handled by our couriers we cannot guarantee any next day delivery through December. If your order is urgent please order in a timely manner to ensure delivery on or before the date you require your delivery.
While all parcels are despatched on a next day delivery we will not guarantee any Christmas delivery placed after Friday 18th December. We will not guarantee any next day delivery or timed services.
Please note we are closed as of Wednesday 23rd 2020, 5:00pm until 9:30am Monday 4th 2021
Normal postage/dispatch will resume from Monday 4th January 2021
Note: Orders placed through our website from Wednesday 23rd at 3.00pm won’t be processed until Monday 4th January 2021.
*We cannot guarantee next-day delivery during December as all couriers networks will be extremely busy. Please also be aware that certain items can't be posted through Royal Mail (including out-of-stock and oversized items). Please call us before placing any last minute orders.
For more information with the above dates, give us a call us on +44 (0) 1749 813044.