Tether Tools TetherBlock (TB-MC-005)
Stay Connected and Protect Sensitive Ports with TetherBlock
The TetherBlock locks your tethered cable into place, keeping your cable or cord plugged in and your camera’s sensitive data port protected from damage.
Camera data ports are fragile and expensive to repair. When shooting tethered in studio or on location, a trip or tug can cause your tether cable to become dislodged or cause serious damage to your camera’s data ports. The TetherBlock is a must-have for photographers shooting tethered both handheld or using a tripod.
- Use with long straight-in cables, right-angle cables or right-angle adapters
- Use with shorter cables and active extensions for longer distances
- Use to secure any cables that connect to or near your camera for use in photography, video, audio, etc.
The TetherBlock is designed to prevent accidental removal of a cable from your camera's data ports by snaking a USB, FireWire, or HDMI cable through one of TetherBlock’s two channels. A 1/4"-20 slotted screw attaches the plate to the camera, and can be tightened with a coin.
From there, either shoot handheld or attach the TetherBlock to your camera's tripod mount and you'll be able to shoot tethered to a computer without fear of your tethered cable becoming unplugged.
Easy to mount, the TetherBlock has both a 1/4"-20 and a 3/8" tripod thread, allowing it to be mounted directly onto a tripod or head.
Constructed from aluminum alloy, the TetherBlock is durable while remaining lightweight and is covered by Tether Tools Lifetime Warranty.
- Fits camera's tripod mount via either a 1/4"-20 or 3/8" thread mount
- Multiple channels accept thick or thin cables
- Non-slip friction pads prevent camera twist
- Dual 1/4"-20 female accessory threads for direct connection to a 1/4"-20 mount
- All cameras with a female 1/4″-20 mount on the bottom.
- One (1) TetherBlock