We have been trading since 1994 and look to provide a superior level of service. Our customers are our number one concern, so if you are in anyway unhappy with your purchase please contact us to arrange for a return.
If you want to return an item please contact us for a RMA (Return Material Authorization) tracking number. You will need to provide the unit's serial number (if applicable), your return shipping address, and a daytime telephone number. All items must be returned by a recognised courier/Royal Mail and be insured to the full value of the item. Return shipping costs are to be covered by yourself.
Please be aware that all items are wholly your responsibility until received and signed for by us at our premises.
Goods must be returned in the same condition as received by you. Please read below for more details.
Subject to the right of Consumers to return goods for refund under The Supply of Goods and Services Act and Distance Selling Regulations, AJ's Studio & Camera Supplies does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering.
4) Cancellation/Returns Policy
4.0 Back Order Items are considered Special Order and have no refund, or returns policy. If you are unsure of the item/items you are purchasing will work with your existing set up, or is unexpected in size, or weight we would like to ask that you call and discuss your possible purchase before proceeding to the check out. Some of our items are specialist items that only work in combination with other items. If, and, or when these are ordered incorrectly we reserve the right to not accept any return in any circumstances unless previously agreed to in writing from AJ's.
4.1 Subject to the right of consumers to return goods for refund under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015, AJ’s does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering.
4.2 You have the right to cancel a purchase up to 14 days after receipt of the last possession (“the Returns Period”), subject to the terms and conditions in this returns policy.
4.3 To exercise the right to cancel, and prior to returning any goods received, you must inform us of your intention on 01749 813044 or by completing our online form. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired. Failure to contact us in respect of a return or cancellation in line with one of the methods set out above will result in a delay in processing your refund or the product being returned to you. All authorised returns must be returned to Returns Department, AJ’s Studio & Camera Supplies, Unit 6A, Old Mill Business Park, Station Road, Bruton, Somerset, BA10 0EH.
4.4 If you exercise your right to cancel your order after the goods have been despatched, you will be responsible for returning the goods to AJ’s at your own risk and cost. Therefore we strongly recommend you use an insured delivery method, such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. For items which cannot ordinarily be returned by post, we will at your request use our reasonable endeavours to arrange a courier to collect the goods; the estimated maximum cost of this would be £20+VAT per item. (See 4.9 below in relation to the return of faulty goods.)
4.5 All returns are subject to the following conditions, except where the goods are faulty or incorrectly described on the Web Site.
- Your item is complete and in 'as new' saleable condition (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product or packaging)
- Any use of the product is relative to examining it, and ensuring it suits your needs. We can’t accept items that have obvious evidence of heavy use, such as scuffs, marks, scratches or a high flash/shutter count. AJ’s does not sell products on a trial basis.
- Where the item has been used within the 14-day returns period, we may make a further deduction from any refund if the value of the goods has been reduced.
- Software, memory cards and DVDs can only be accepted if still sealed. This policy is to avoid any potential breach of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act (CDPA) 1988. All opened software is exempt from return under the terms of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. Software that arrives damaged or is physically faulty may be returned under our normal returns policy.
- It is returned with the original box, packing and any accessories you received with it.
- A proof of purchase must be supplied.
- You also return any free gifts which came with the product, which also must be in their original packaging and in a saleable condition
You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods:
- Orders that have been specially ordered/made to your individual specification(s) or clearly personalised.
- Goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- Sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software which were unsealed after delivery.
4.6 Until such time as you return the goods to us you must take reasonable care of the item(s). Any use of or damage to the delivered goods or product packaging beyond that necessary to inspect the goods upon delivery may result in you incurring a further restocking charge to cover the loss that we might reasonably expect to incur in reselling the item(s).
4.7 Subject to 4.6 above, if you exercise your right to cancel your order within 14 days (where the goods are not found to be faulty), you will be refunded within 30 days, including the costs of delivery. A 10% re-stocking fee will be deducted from your original invoice price (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), or if specially order for you. See 4.8 below.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. We will withhold reimbursement until we have received and inspected the goods.
4.8 All special order items are non-refunable. Special order items are deemed as items not listed on our website, or showing as currently out of stock, or especial ordered for you, the client.
4.9 Faulty goods For faulty goods we offer the following terms:
- You will always have the option of an exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 14 days of delivery.
- If the fault has occurred within the first six months after delivery but after the first 14 days, you can ask us to repair or replace faulty goods. However, we can choose the solution that is more proportionate or practical for us. In the majority of cases, we will send an item for repair in the first instance. If the repair is unsuccessful, you can then claim a replacement or a full refund. Alternatively we will seek to agree a price reduction with you if you wish to keep the product.
- After six months, unless you can demonstrate that the fault was present at the time of original delivery or we have previously arranged a repair and this has failed to resolve the fault, our liability will be limited to providing you with reasonable support to make a claim under the manufacturer’s warranty, where applicable.
In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault and, if no fault is found, return the product to you. In these circumstances, no refund will be processed until the returned goods have been received by us and an appraisal made as to any fault. This promise does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.
4.9.1 Any refund due to a fault or other defect will include a refund of the delivery charge. In such circumstances we will also arrange collection of the faulty item (excluding small items that can be sent via Royal Mail). Beyond six months you will be responsible for covering the costs of returning the goods (unless you have been able to establish that the goods were defective at the time of original delivery, in which case we will reimburse your costs as set out above). We strongly recommend you use an insured method such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. Replacement goods are sent by standard delivery only (i.e. premium services are not available).
4.10 Refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of the returned products.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 30 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 30 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or
- if there were no goods supplied, 30 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
All deposits are non refundable. Please see our Terms & Conditions for more information and clarification.
Model cancellation form:
I / We[*] hereby give notice that I / We[*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/for the supply of the following service[*]:
Ordered on [*] / received on [*]
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s)
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper)
[*] Delete as appropriate.
Faulty or incorrectly described Goods
You will always have the option of an exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 7 days of delivery. If there is a fault with your product within the manufacturer's warranty period, we will offer a repair. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault and, if no fault is found return the product to you. No refund will be processed until the returned goods have been received by ourselves and an appraisal made as to any fault.
Following us receiving your instruction to cancel your order you will be refunded within 30 days. A 10% re-stocking fee will be deducted from your original invoice price. The original shipping of the equipment will not be refunded and any other handling fees incured in the original transportation will be taken into account when refunding any moneys due.
This promise does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.
Any refund due to a fault or other defect will include a refund of the delivery charge. We will also pay for your costs of returning the goods for replacement or refund. Replacement goods are sent by standard delivery only (i.e. premium services are not available).
THIS RETURNS POLICY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. DETAILS OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU OR CONSUMER DIRECT.